[gmx-users] Brownian dynamics]

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Feb 13 16:07:46 CET 2002

Michel Fodje wrote:

> I tried a timestep of 0.005 but the result was the same.  Even 0.001 did
> not help.

That is already indicating a problem in the starting structure...

> Maybe I should mention that I also get a warning at the beginning which
> says
>
> step 0Warning: 1-4 interaction at distance larger than 1
> These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
> turn on -debug for more information

That is a pretty undeniable indication that there is something
seriously wrong with your starting structure: the 'outer' two atoms
of a series of four bonded atoms (A1 and A4 in A1-A2-A3-A4) should
normally be no further than 3 times your average bondlength apart,
say roughly 3*0.15 nm = 0.45 nm, not nearly 1 nm...

> after which the simulation continues, but with NaN energies in the
> output file

Figures...

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "O My God, They Killed Kenny !" (South Park)              |