[gmx-users] topology file for pyrophosphate group??

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Feb 18 17:05:12 CET 2002

Shang-Te Danny Hsu wrote:

> Dear listers,
>
> Has anyone been working with phospholipid or other molecules containing
> pyrophosphate group?
>
>        O   O
>        |   |
>   -C-O-P-O-P-O-C-
>        "   "
>        O   O
>
> I submitted the coordinates and the text-format to PRODRG server, and
> the outcomes were the same: only one phosphate group was correctly set
> to a net charge -1, and the other one has no partial charge at all. I've
> been looking around the existing topology files, but no such kind of
> functional groups.....

Check again, there is a triphosphate in ATP. Of course you'll need
to hack some things since you have a diphosphate connected to
carbons on both ends, but that is trivial (I've done it, it only
involves tuning the charges on the middle oxygen).

It definitely is in the GROMOS force field (ffG43* files), but
probably also in the (old!) GROMACS ff's (ffgmx*).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "Out Of Register Space (Ugh)" (Vi)                        |