[gmx-users] GROMACS 3.1 beta / gmx_sumd

Andrew Horsfield horsfield at fecit.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 13:52:46 CET 2002

Hi,

I have been trying out GROMACS 3.1 beta for conjugate gradient
optimization. I do not get far. The error from mdrun is:

  Fatal error: Routine gmx_sumd called in network.c, 331

I looked in network.c, and find that it starts:

 #ifndef USE_MPI
   MYFATAL("gmx_sumd");
 #else

I guess the code is supposed to perform a double precision sum of results
from different MPI processes (is this correct?). I think it is called from
minimize.c (e.g. f_norm) whether or not MPI is being used. So I suspect
the fatal error should be replaced with something else when MPI is not
being used. Any suggestions for a fix would be welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew

   Andrew Horsfield       e-mail: horsfield at fecit.co.uk
    FECIT, Hayes Park Central, Hayes End Road, Hayes,
           Middlesex UB4 8FE, United Kingdom.
   phone: +44-(0)20-8606-4653  FAX: +44-(0)20-8606-4422