[gmx-users] problem with pdm2gmx

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Feb 25 14:44:29 CET 2002

jozef hritz wrote:

>         Dear Hugo,
>
> > I have used the PRODRG server to convert a molecule. The minimization in gromacs
> > works fine. But when I tried to run pdb2gmx to make a .pdb file and see it in
> > VMD, I received the following error:
>
> For creation of .pdb file You can use editconf.

Right. pdb2gmx is the Gromacs automated topology builder which works
only for recognized building blocks (e.g. amino acids). So it doesn't
make much sense to use pdb2gmx if you already have the topology (that
PRODRG did for you...).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "What If None Of Your Dreams Come True ?" (E. Costello)   |