[gmx-users] DNA topology

K.A.Feenstra k.a.feenstra at chem.rug.nl
Wed Jan 9 12:27:29 CET 2002

Dmitry Kovalsky wrote:
> Hi ALL
> My coworker wants to simulate DNA with protein but encountered some problems.
> pdb2gmx cann't convert nucleotides to gro format writing "Fatal error: Residue
> 'A' not found in residue topology database" Renaming A, C, G, T to DADE, DGUA,
> DCYT, DTHY result the same errors. Nucleotide topologies obtained from ProDrug
> server donnt resolve the problem

First a disclaimer: DNA is not well-supported in GROMACS, and the status of
the actual force-field parameters is unclear. Use at your own descretion!

I think the DNA residues are named ADE, GUE, CYT and THY.
You can find that in ff*.rtp files.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
  ________ __________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                           |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam   |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands  |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610              |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR      |
| |    | | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands       |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton  |
|  \__/  | "It's Time to Move On" (F. Black)                        |