[gmx-users] unable to compile from source

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:03:41 CEST 2002

Peter C. Lai wrote:

>I am having difficulty compiling gromacs 3.1.4 from source on an
>SGI Octane using SGI's cc and f77. The linker errors out because
>it is finding stuff that is prempting other functions in libc.
>After the linker errors out, then the rest of make fails.
>Are there any caveats to compiling on the SGI?

Hi Peter,

Unless you post the exact error messages it's hard to suggest anything.

Gromacs compiles just fine on a properly setup SGI system, but a lot of
SGI boxes
are not properly configured for their new/old binary formats.

>I tried installing the gromacs binaries from gromacs.org, but
>it complains about finding the libraries (even though they
>exist in the search path)

Don't know anything about that; those binaries are contributed by users,
but you might
have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Cheers,

Erik