[gmx-users] unable to compile from source

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Jul 3 09:38:52 CEST 2002

Erik Lindahl wrote:

> >I tried installing the gromacs binaries from gromacs.org, but
> >it complains about finding the libraries (even though they
> >exist in the search path)
>
> Don't know anything about that; those binaries are contributed by users,
> but you might
> have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Maybe we could make a user-comments section on the binaries download
pages, where people could drop solutions they needed in getting the
binaries up and running on their system, or comments on when you can
expect the binaries to work or to fail...?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "You Fill Your Space So Sweet" (F. Apple)                 |