[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users digest, Vol 1 #298 - 11 msgs

Vishal Vaidyanathan vvishal at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 3 14:41:28 CEST 2002

Hi Users,
   Thanks for all your suggestions. After Lynne's mail, I tried using "Cpu
Burn-in" from

         http://users.bigpond.net.au/cpuburn/

to test the system's stability as regards temperature and they seem to be
ok.

   Following Mehmet's and Marcos' suggestions, I also tried installing
lam-6.5.6, but now if I run mpirun -np 2,  lamd dies and mdrun does not
start simulation at all - mdrun fails somewhere early during initialising.
I guess mdrun has to be recompiled with the new libs. I was avoiding
recompiling because I don't get the same performance as the rpm binaries
when I compile it on Suse 8.0 (different gcc versions probably).

   Thanks a lot for all your help!
								Vishal