[gmx-users] configure error with myrinet mpicc

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 5 13:38:53 CET 2002

Hi,

when trying to build gmx3.1 on our myrinet cluster I get:

checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
checking whether mpicc accepts -O6... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -malign-double... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts  -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -Wall -Wno-unused
-malign-double -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether your compiler can handle assembly files (*.s)... no
configure: error: Upgrade your compiler (or disable assembly loops).

gmx3.05 built with no trouble before (including assembly loops).

any suggestions?

cheers,

Bert

BTW I have binary tar files for SGI/IRIX and dec-alpha/OSF4 ready, I'll be glad
to upload them.

Dr. Bert de Groot

Theoretical molecular biophysics group
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen, Germany

tel: +49-551-2011306, fax: +49-551-2011089

email: bgroot at gwdg.de
http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/abteilungen/071/bgroot