[gmx-users] Source?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 11 18:17:45 CET 2002

Peter Ahlström wrote:

>I tried to intall the sources (as well as the develloppers version of GMX 3.0.5-1) but I can't find any gromacs sources anywere but the programs work. When try to install I get the following sequence
># rpm -i gromacs-3.0.5-1.src.rpm
># rpm -q gromacs-3.0.5-1.src
>package gromacs-3.0.5-1.src is not installed

This is a feature/misfeature of the way RPM handles source - any source
package is installed to /usr/src/redhat, but they are not entered in the
dependency database. You can find the tarball in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
and the specification file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.

>[There is no mdrun.c anywhewre in the system as can be seen from
>
>$ find / -name "mdrun*"

I think mdrun.c disappeared between 3.0 and 3.1 - most of its contents
is in src/kernel/md.c now.

Cheers,

Erik