[gmx-users] gromacs3.1 rpm

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 12 18:25:14 CET 2002

David van der Spoel wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Andrei Neamtu wrote:
>
>>Hello to all,
>>
>>My name is Andrei Neamtu and I used Gromacs 3.05 until now.
>>When I want to install the new Gromacs 3.1.1 rpm I get the following
>>dependencies errors which I cannot figure what they represent:
>>
>>(I use Linux 7.2 on an Athlon processor)
>>
>>gromacs-3.1.1-1 requires libexpat.so.1
>>gromacs-3.1.1-1 requires libfontconfig.so.1
>>gromacs-3.1.1-1 requires libgdkxft.so.0
>>
>>The previous version (3.05) has installed perfectly, withot asking for
>>those files.
>>Anyway, the software seems to work if I ignore these problems.
>>Does anybody know what those libraries represents and how can I resolve
>>those dependencies?
>>

>I don't know where these things come from, but most likely because motif
>support is built in.

I don't think that should cause it, since motif is a part of redhat 7.2
- that's why I didn't disable it. It might be some other library stuff
messing things up - I played around a bit with antialiased fonts on my
laptop, so those libraries might have entered the dependencies for some
reason....

Erik