[gmx-users] parameters for unsaturated fatty acids

Shang-Te Danny Hsu hsu at nmr.chem.uu.nl
Wed May 1 19:17:28 CEST 2002

Dear all,

I have been trying to setup simulations involving polyunsaturated lipid
tail. FOr example:

-(-CH2-CH=C(CH3)-C-)n-

The trans/cis geometry around the double bond should make some
differences....

So far the only updated parameters for lipids are mainly devoted to
saturated groups, LCH2 and LCH3. Only few publications are dealing with
these types of lipids (e.g. JACS,124(2):298; JACS,124(2):318) but they
are developed for CHARMM force field. I am wondering how I should
implement these parameters for GROMACS. Because this lipid molecule is
not easy to produce in large scale, therefore, deuteration is not
feasible to obtain experimental NMR/thermodynamics data for validation.
Has anyone got any suggestion?
--
Shang-Te Danny HSU
Department of NMR Spectroscopy