[gmx-users] error compiling on MacOSX

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed May 22 19:15:50 CEST 2002

Valentin Gogonea wrote:

> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I tried to compile version 3.1.3 on MacOSX. I got the following error.
> Can somebody suggest me what should I do to get it working?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Valentin

This isn't a Gromacs problem, it's OS X's fault.

If you don't believe me, just do a recursive grep in the gmx directory -
there isn't a single reference to "langinfo" :-)

I'm actually visiting them in Cupertino next week to discuss this type
of problems with their OS, and how they can improve it...

Nevertheless, I might be able to work around it; could you run
./configure and send the output to a file? I.e,

/path/to/bash ./configure >& config.stdout

And send me that file, and config.log so I can see where it picks it up.

Cheers,

Erik