[gmx-users] error compiling on MacOSX

rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu
Wed May 22 20:01:45 CEST 2002

Hi,

I had the same problem! that was not a OSX-problem.  This is because I had
installed g77 - from a website (I cant remember now) where there was dmg
files for g77, RASTER3D, molmol etc..

Installing that g77 ruins everything.  Installin g77 from fink did not
make a difference.  I completely reformatted my disk, reinstalled the
developer tools.   Installed fink.  Then fink install g77.  Then went and
followed the OSX compilation suggestions in the web-page of gromacs and it
worked like magic.

There is a website that says - 10 worst things to do to your MAC -OSX
system.  One of them is installing the g77 from this site...

Rams.

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Erik Lindahl wrote:

> Valentin Gogonea wrote:
>
> > Dear Gromacs users,
> >
> > I tried to compile version 3.1.3 on MacOSX. I got the following error.
> > Can somebody suggest me what should I do to get it working?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Valentin
>
> This isn't a Gromacs problem, it's OS X's fault.
>
> If you don't believe me, just do a recursive grep in the gmx directory -
> there isn't a single reference to "langinfo" :-)
>
> I'm actually visiting them in Cupertino next week to discuss this type
> of problems with their OS, and how they can improve it...
>
> Nevertheless, I might be able to work around it; could you run
> ./configure and send the output to a file? I.e,
>
> /path/to/bash ./configure >& config.stdout
>
> And send me that file, and config.log so I can see where it picks it up.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik

S. Ramaswamy
Department of Biochemistry.