[gmx-users] re: help for gromacs tools

Rainer Boeckmann rboeckm at gwdg.de
Thu Nov 28 09:27:15 CET 2002

Hi Bin Xiong,

...the tpr-file is only necessary if you need forcefield-information for your analysis. Thus you would need one for calculating electrostatic potentials but a pdb-file would be enough for rms-analysis.
But be careful with the hydrogen-ordering/-naming! In the end you will find it useful to spend some time on constructing a proper tpr-file...

Cheers,
rainer