[gmx-users] Problems compiling gromacs-3.1.4 using MIPSpro 7.3.1.3m compiler on IRIX 6.5

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 14 06:30:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

>                              ^
>
> cc-1092 cc: ERROR File = inner.h, Line = 149
>   Identifier-list parameters can only be used in a function definition.
>
>   void FUNC(inl0110,INL0110)(COMMON_ARGS REC_BUF LJ_ARGS SOLMN_ARGS);

All those capital letters are preprocessor macros. For some reason your
setup doesn't preprocess them but sends them to the compiler, which
understandably complains :-)

Make sure you did a 'make distclean' if you used the source for some
other compile too. Apart from that I'm out of ideas.

SGI has worked flawlessly before - did anybody else succeed (or fail) in
compiling 3.1.4 on SGI?

Cheers,

Erik