[gmx-users] Problems compiling gromacs-3.1.4 using MIPSpro 7.3.1.3m compiler on IRIX 6.5

Marc Saric marc.saric at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Mon Oct 14 15:10:55 CEST 2002

Erik Lindahl wrote:

> SGI has worked flawlessly before - did anybody else succeed (or fail) in
> compiling 3.1.4 on SGI?

I did recently on a SGI Origin running IRIX 6.5 with MPI-support. I just
used the installation-instructions given in the online-manual, and it
worked (at least I could get binaries for single and double precision,
haven't tested them fully up to now).

So it could not be a general SGI-problem, maybe something with the
specific setup of that machine, or compiler/library-version or OS-version.

--
Bye,  Marc Saric

Max-Planck-Institut fuer molekulare Physiologie
Otto-Hahn-Str.11  44227 Dortmund  phone:0231/133-2168