[gmx-users] Checking files .xtc .trr .edr

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Wed Oct 30 13:58:42 CET 2002

Thanks Erik, fortunately there's no file system problem.
But what'd be hard NFS and soft NFS? I just use GNU/Linux and my NFS
server was configured without default modifications.

Using gmxcheck I didn't see any fail by now.

Cheers,

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Erik Lindahl wrote:

> If you use hard NFS mounts (the default, never EVER use soft...) you
> should be perfectly OK. The client will just continute trying to write
> until the server comes up again, without dropping any data.
>
> If you are thinking of file system problems, run fsck, and possible test
> trajectories with gmxcheck. If it gets to the last frame you should
> probably be ok; I've never seen an error that silently corrupts the data
> while maintaining the overall structure...

Alan Wilter S. da Silva
 Laboratório de Física Biológica
  Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho
   Universidade do Brasil/UFRJ
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil