[gmx-users] Checking files .xtc .trr .edr

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 30 18:27:51 CET 2002

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

>Thanks Erik, fortunately there's no file system problem.
>But what'd be hard NFS and soft NFS? I just use GNU/Linux and my NFS
>server was configured without default modifications.

Then you're using hard NFS mounts. Soft mounts means we say it is ok for
the server/client to give
up if they can't write, which makes the machines much more responsive,
but can sacrifice your data.

I've heard about the NFS problems on 7.3 that David described, but I
though it only affected ext3 and
was fixed in an early patch to the kernel.

Cheers,

Erik