[gmx-users] Dihedral angle restraints in NMR refinement

Chris Spronk C.Spronk at cmbi.kun.nl
Mon Sep 16 12:57:52 CEST 2002

Ok, thanks!

In the case of using impropers, how do I scale the force-constants for
the individual impropers? I tried to look it up in the manual, but is
wasn't really clear to me how I could do this. Thanks in advance.

Chris

David van der Spoel wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 10:27, Chris Spronk wrote:
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>I am trying to use GROMACS for NMR refinement purposes and am wondering
>>if GROMACS has an option to include NMR derived dihedral angle
>>restraints (similar to the distance restraints, with zero force between
>>an upper and lower bound for the angle, a harmonic potential outside
>>these bounds)
>>
> No it does not. Best you can do straight off is use normal impropers,
> which have a pure harmonic well.

Chris Spronk
Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics
University of Nijmegen
Toernooiveld 1
NL-6500 GL Nijmegen
The Netherlands