[gmx-users] Benchmarks

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 11 19:10:01 CET 2003

Hi Justin,

I haven' compared the Xeons recently, but we did similar tests when the
Athlons were upgraded to more cache a couple of years ago.

In general, more cache helps 10-15% extra at the same frequency for
large systems (100,000 atoms), but the difference is almost negligible
(couple of %) e.g. for a protein in water.

Cheers,

Erik