[gmx-users] Re: installation problem on Compaq Alpha ev68 with Tru64 unix OS (Erik Lindahl)

Wei Fu fuwei at adrik.bchs.uh.edu
Mon Dec 15 22:55:01 CET 2003

Hi, Erik,

    Thanks for your reply.

   I have solved the "dos2unix" problem, but the new problem were found as follows when I execute make command.

No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[1], "pnoh" does not h
ave a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constan
t.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[2], "calpha" does not
 have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address const
ant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
--------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[3], "bb" does not hav
e a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constant.
  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[4], "mc" does not hav
e a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constant.
  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[5], "mcb" does not ha
ve a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constant
  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[6], "mch" does not ha
-------------------------------------------------------^
@
@
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
-------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[7], "mch" does not ha
ve a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constant
  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
-----------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[8], "mch" does not ha
ve a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address constant
  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[9], "pnodum" does not
-------------------------------------------------------------------^
>>> This is the GROMACS code generator for MD & MC inner loops
>>> It will generate single precision Fortran 77 code in file innerf.f
>>> Using gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Inlining gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Using normal solvent optimized loops
>>> Prefetching forces in loops: none
>>> Nonthreaded inner loops
>>> Vectorizing invsqrt in loops:none
>>> Generated 51216 lines of code in 156 functions
(innerf.f may take a while to compile)

cc: Warning: widget.c, line 265: In this statement, the referenced type of the p
ointer value "ptr" is const, but the referenced type of the target of this assig
nment is not. (notconstqual)
  return XmStringCreate(ptr,XmSTRING_DEFAULT_CHARSET);
------------------------^
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.

And after "make install", some commands do not work.

For example:

g_dipoles: bad substitution

mdrun:
      GenCap: i 0 ctx 60-60-60 Entries 1 Nodes 0-0 Railmask 1
      Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I am looking forward to your reply. Thanks so much!

Best regards.
Fu Wei
2003-12-15

  Wei Fu (Linda)