[gmx-users] Problems with trjconv

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
Tue Dec 23 01:31:05 CET 2003

Yuhua,

>I want to know that there are some ways that can help me out? Because this
>run have been going for a while, if I can not analyze the data, then it
>waste too much time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Unless precision is a real issue, save the trajectory as a *.xtc
file.  Three times smaller, so you avoid/delay the large file
problems.  Then write out the *.trr file at larger intervals (I use 1 ns)
so that if a problem or crash occurs you don't loose too much time/effort.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Research Fellow
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9083