[gmx-users] g_rmsf residue average

Byungchan Kim bk385 at columbia.edu
Wed Dec 31 00:27:01 CET 2003

Hi again.

I carefully look at the g_rmsf.c file.
If I understand correctly, the sequence of some statements is wrong.
First, the program should calculate rmsf for each atom and then
calculate the average. But the code is like this

  if (bRes) {
    average_residues(rmsf,isize,index,w_rls,&top.atoms);
    label = "Residue";
  } else
    label = "Atom";

  for(i=0; i<isize; i++)
    rmsf[i] = U[i][XX][XX] + U[i][YY][YY] + U[i][ZZ][ZZ];

It seems that the program calculate the average first and then calculate
rmsf for each atom.
Please let me know if I am wrong.
Thank you.

Byungchan Kim