[gmx-users] Athlon cluster experience

Ghermes Chilov Ghermes at belozersky.msu.ru
Wed Feb 19 14:59:43 CET 2003

Dear Gromacs users and other theoretically oriented people,

it seems that discussions other dual Athlon performance have become
even hoter than their (damn) CPUs. Let me contribute with this
respect.

Our new machine (2x2000 MP) systematically turns off (sometimes
restarts) after several min. of intensive work (while working with
standard office applications may last hours and even days untill
crash). No messages of errors are given. No overheats are registered
(59 C on CPU and 34 C on the MB - is quite acceptable). What's wrong I
wonder?  May it be not defecious ferrum, but something in BIOS
settings or something like this? And if it is ferrum, how can we check
it with test program? (our vendor, as it seems, don't know how to do this).

??? :-0

to your experience I appeal!

Ghermes Chilov
PhD student