[gmx-users] Re: Inquiry Again.

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 18 07:13:01 CEST 2003

Hi Victor,

The easy solution is to add a Cu single-atom residue to the .rtp file
for the forcefield you are using - you can see how it is done for
several other atoms.

However, be aware that the forcefield included in Gromacs are developed
for biomolecular simulations - if you have your own set of potential
parameters (Lennard-Jones?) it would probably be better to use
optimized ones.

For systems without bonds it is very easy to hack the topology
manually. Pdb2gmx is primarily useful for molecules with complex bonded
interactions and residue book-keeping...

Cheers,

Erik