[gmx-users] Re: Inquiry Again.

Victor Kowalenko victork at mail.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Jul 18 09:46:01 CEST 2003

Hi Erik,

Thank you for the information. I really was very sloppy about the
force-field and when I did apply pdb2gmx to my pdb file, I specified a
force-field of 0, not realising how critical this was. I realise now that
I should perhaps tried 1 instead of 0. I will look into this more on
Monday after delving into the relevant sections of the manual.

Yes we are using a Lennard-Jones potential and when I run the code in MMTK
we need to specify the parameters. I guess I can use these parameters
except that I do not know enough about GROMACS to do so. I guess I have
to look at .rtp files in more detail.

I was a little the pdb2gmx might be restricted to only molcular
applications. Your option of adjusting the topology file manually
might be superior. Again I will look into this on Monday.

In any case, thank you for your response.

Best regards,

Victor Kowalenko