[gmx-users] Re: Improper angle value

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Jun 5 15:57:00 CEST 2003

Alexander wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> I have check my calculations of improper torsion of formaldehyde
> manually. Obtained value is 1.329 as reported before.
> The details are attached.
> So would you please to comment the gromacs calculation scheme and
> significant differences in obtain energies? I need it for QM-based
> automatic parameterization tool, and now I don't know how to compare
> the conformers energies of QM and gromacs calculations to reproduce QM
> molecular behavior in gromacs.

The Gromacs forcefields and interaction functions are described in the
manual and implemented identically. Otherwise, you might check the source,
but I can't tell you from the top of my head in which file(s) you should look.

By the way, conformational energies in a forcefield are almost by definition not
comparable to QM energies - they are simply completely independent properties.

Futher than that, I have just used a simple method to verify your angle,
if you are sure about your calculation, feel free to disregard my value.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| \_/ \_/ | | | Room P275  Tel: +31 20 44 47608  Fax: +31 20 44 47610 |
|             | "It is Lunchtime" (A.R. Van Buuren)                   |