[gmx-users] Final Workstation Specs

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 24 22:56:01 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I'm actually in the moscone center right now, and I've been able to
play around a bit with the new machines in Apple's development lab.

This is still a bit early, and there are a couple of things to sort
out, but a G5 running at 2GHz will provide about 20% better performance
for Gromacs than a Xeon running at 3GHz.

At least for US universities Apple also discounts

(The G5 dual G5 will also scale better, but I haven't been able to test
that yet since LAM-MPI doesn't work due to a bug somewhere...)

Cheers,

Erik