[gmx-users] Segmentation Violation

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Mar 12 18:34:22 CET 2003

James O'Dell wrote:
> I have a simulation that I can run on a single processor or on an 16
> processor cluster. The simulation seems to run just fine on the single
> processor. ON the 16 processor cluster, it gets a segmentation fault
> almost immediately after loading. I'd appreciate any pointers on how to
> debug this.

Try it stepwise, i.e. first try a single processor run on your cluster,
then 2, 4, 8. (While you're at it, you can also keep track of wallclock
times used so you get an idea of the scaling.)

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |