[gmx-users] Segmentation Violation

James O'Dell jodell at ad.brown.edu
Thu Mar 13 15:54:25 CET 2003

I have not done detailed scaling tests yet but I have tried on
2,4,6,8... and it seems to get segmentation violations on anything
greater that 8 processors.

A stack trace from the debugger seems to indicate that MPI signaled
the error. Could it be that there is simply so much communication
traffic that MPI's internal buffers simply overflowed?

Jim