[gmx-users] dssp extremely slow .. if at all ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Tue Mar 25 11:17:01 CET 2003

Hi,

since recently (yesterday) I experience some trouble with do_dssp.
I have (successfully) used it in the past, and don't understand what's
going on.

I launched a do_dssp job on a short trajectory yesterday, and this morning
it was still not finished, nor had it produced any usable output.

Then I started it on a single frame, this morning, and it is still
running without any useful output.

I'll wait a bit longer and see if something comes out, but I am quite
surprised that the 2ndary structure determination for a single snapshot
could possibly take more than 30 seconds .. especially for lysozyme ..

.. or am I wrong ?

Any hints ?

Cheers,
  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de