[gmx-users] Segmentation fault 3

Christoph Freudenberger christoph.freudenberger at chemie.uni-ulm.de
Fri Mar 28 10:54:00 CET 2003

Tanos C. C. França wrote:

>             Hi folks,
>
>             I am facing the problem of segmentation fault again
> !!!!!!!!!!!! This time I am trying to perform a Position Restrained (PR)
> molecular dynamics (MD) of a crystallographic structure I have used
> before to build a model by homology. I used the same parameters as to
> the model but the calculation did not go on. With the model everything
> went fine. I have performed 10 ps of PR MD and latter 100 ps of MD but
> with the crystal structure nothing seems to work !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am
> sending below the tail of my prlog.log file and my pr.mdp file.

You're using
constraints         =  all-bonds
with the default LINCS algorithm. Looks like your system gives coupled
constraints that cannot be resolved by LINCS (check the manual about that).
Try using
constraints         =  h-bonds
or
constraints         =  none
or if you really need all bonds constrained:
constraint-algorithm =  shake
--
Christoph Freudenberger
Abt. Organische Chemie I AK Siehl - Uni Ulm -Tel: ++49-731-502-2785