[gmx-users] Gromacs vs. Ab initio charges

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon May 5 09:55:01 CEST 2003

> So the "recommended" way for developing models compatible with GROMOS
> is
> to use parameters from similar groups. An alternative to this is to use
> the OPLS force field ofcourse. I think there are recipes there for
> generating parameters.

OPLS-AA uses CHELPG charges that can be derived trivially e.g. with
Gaussian. In practice the difference is quite small compared to
Kollman-Merz charges, and you could probably use those too.

Cheers,

Erik

-----
Erik Lindahl, MSc, PhD     <lindahl at stanford.edu>
D109, Fairchild Building
Dept. Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine
Tel. 650-7250754    Fax. 650-7238464