[gmx-users] PME accuracy

Jason DeJoannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Wed May 7 15:48:01 CEST 2003

Hi gmx-users,

  Unfortunately, as I think it was David who pointed it
out to me: there is no analytical error estimate for
smooth PME yet. But as the error-estimates for Ewald, P3M
and regular PME would suggest, the error varies with several
things including the number of charges. Keep this in mind
as well as the fact that the Ewald parameter is probably
being adjusted "behind the scenes" in order to deliver
the specified "ewald_rtol".

  If anyone knows of a way to find out what Ewald parameter
(alpha) is being used, let me know. Also I am not very clear
on what is being done, if anything, to the PME parameters
behind the scenes. For example I have on occasion reduced the
Fourier spacing to find no change was actually made in the
mdout.mdp file. Is that possible? or am I mistaken?

best regards,

  Jason

---
Jason de Joannis, Ph.D.