[gmx-users] integration scheme

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon May 12 01:40:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

Well, actually you can - the integration just becomes an equation that
is straightforward to solve :-)

Our first version of Nose-Hoover was implemented that way, but we since
changed it to use the temperature calculated from velocities last step.
The reason for this is that it would otherwise be necessary to do extra
communication when running in parallel, and the error is extremely
small.

I might add a switch so you turn this optimization off, but it will
only make a difference if you are integrating something like a single
harmonic oscillator...

Cheers,

Erik