[gmx-users] grompp using cpp in MacOSX/darwin

Dr. Daniel James White PhD dan at chalkie.org.uk
Wed May 14 17:22:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am running gromacs on macosX/darwin,

the operating system has cpp bit it is not in /lib/cpp
but can be called with just
cpp

so I have to edit all my .mdp files to change the cpp line from
/lib/cpp
cpp

then the file work!

My question is:
How do I get gromacs to write the .mdp files with cpp instead of
/lib/cpp

where is the template file I should change? Is there one?

or should I make a symbolic link called /lib/cpp pointing to the cpp
binary (which I'm not sure of the location of... it is part of the OSX
developer tools)

cheers

Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Cell Biology
Department of biological and environmental science
University of Jyväskylä
Jyväskylä
Finland
+358 (0)14 260 4183 (work)