[gmx-users] Re: rerun of trajectory

Swetha Vijayakrishan swetha at www.cdfd.org.in
Wed May 14 20:21:01 CEST 2003

hi,

actually the trr file is about 5.3G.its really huge as i have
saved the velocities every 0.2ps.also i ran the tpbconv command from the
same dir which has the .trr file.But it still does not seem to recognize
it.
will increasing the number of steps after which the velocities
are written help me decrease the size,say after every 10 or 15ps.
i have a feeling the huge memory size of 5.3.g for only 1ns seems to be giving
me the trouble. i'm unable to view the movie also in VMD.Also my system is
quite huge,about 22500 atoms.

Is anyone aware of any software that can help me view a trajectory file of
about 5-6GB.

Thanks

Swetha

Swetha Vijayakrishnan

Project Assistant
C/O Dr.Shekhar.C.Mande
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics(CDFD),
ECIL Road,Nacharam,
Hyderabad - 500076

Phone:: Direct: 91-040-7171442
        Indirect: 91-040-7151344/46/47/56 (lab extn 1400)

Fax  :: 91-040-(7155479-7155610>

Email:: swetha at cdfd.org.in
        swethasenorita at yahoo.com