[gmx-users] Re: RE: GROMACS TUTORIAL

John Kerrigan kerrigje at umdnj.edu
Wed May 14 21:31:01 CEST 2003

Jayant,

I think that GROMOS96 uses NA+, but Gromacs forcefield uses Na+.  Anyway,
when grompp parses ions.itp, it is looking only for the ion name which
corresponds to the forcefield you are using.  Therefore, check ions.itp
file.  Within that file, each set of ions will be separated based on
forcefield.  Use the ion name from that file corresponds to the forcefield
you are using.

If you do change the ion name, you will need to change the ion name in top
file, gro file, and mdp file.

Hope this helps.

John