[gmx-users] How to print out vdw-14 energy terms for each pair in minimization?

Ruhong Zhou ruhongz at us.ibm.com
Sun May 18 23:09:00 CEST 2003

David,

Thanks for the quick reply. The LJ combining rule has been fixed a while
ago, also this is not due to the Kcal/mol -> KJ/mol conversion factor
(4.1868 vs. 4.184 I found a while ago).  In fact, the energy difference
for LJ14 is quite large for this ligand. The Gromacs's LJ14 energy is
1403.2 KJ/mol, while the IMPACT value is only 48.13 Kcal/mol =  201.37
kJ/mol.

Is there a way that I can easily modify the source and print out each
energy term? If yes, which files should I moidfy? Thanks. I also checked
tpr file using gmxdump, but no obvious problems found.

Ruhong

Ruhong Zhou , PhD
Computaional Biology Center
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
Yorktown Heights,  NY 10598
Tel: (914) 945-3591, Fax: (914) 945-4104
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/r/ruhong

David <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
Sent by: gmx-users-admin at gromacs.org
05/18/2003 06:28 PM