[gmx-users] GROMACS in parallel on Dual CPU Linux machine

Pratul K. Agarwal pagarwal at linus.ornl.gov
Mon May 19 23:02:00 CEST 2003

On 20 May 2003, David wrote:

> What kernel are you running? (uname -a)
2.4.18-3smp

> kernel. Other problem could be that the machine gets too hot...

Interesting! I have made sure that the machine is in
properly cooled environment. The serial jobs works fine, its
only the parallel jobs which have problems. Even 2-4 serial
jobs work fine when they are run at the same time so I am
not entirely convinced that this might be a heating issue
(or maybe it is).

Has anybody seen this before (the effect of temperature on
parallel jobs)?

Thanks