[gmx-users] GROMACS in parallel on Dual CPU Linux machine

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 20 13:16:01 CEST 2003

Re: Athlon problems, I think there was some discussion about this on the
list 2 months ago. We have two dual Athlon XP boxes with Tyan Tiger MP
S2460 motherboards which are _unusable_ because they crash completely on
any heavy computational load (although they survived Eric's cpuburn).
Temperature is not an issue there. On the Beowulf list I heard that 'these
motherboards suck administrators' time like black holes', ie the hardware
seems to be extremely flaky. Perhaps you have similar problems. (On a
sidenote, we also have some Tiger 2466 and these run rock solidly). I
cannot offer a solution, though, I am afraid.

Oliver

Oliver Beckstein * oliver at bioch.ox.ac.uk
 http://indigo1.biop.ox.ac.uk/oliver/