[gmx-users] GROMACS in parallel on Dual CPU Linux machine

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue May 20 17:40:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

LAM uses shared memory for the communication within a single SMP host,
and one of my long-term suspicions (which I haven't been able to
confirm) is that there is either a bug in LAM or some memory controller
heating issue that only surfaces for parallel tasks when you run the
machine quite hot with Gromacs.

It's strange, since Xeon boxes (and some Athlons) work perfectly.

Cheers,

Erik