[gmx-users] strategy of clustering 10nodes ?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu May 22 20:01:01 CEST 2003

Hi Taeho,

The best way to manage the nodes is to use a batch system like PBS -
have a look at www.openpbs.org. That way you can keep them running
24/7, and there are also advanced features like fair-share scheduling
avaliable.

When it comes to interconnects there are two options: Either using
something expensive (but fast) like myrinet, or use cheap ethernet with
a central switch.

Gigabit ethernet can provide slightly better performance if you find
the price acceptable - Dell Computer sells pretty cheap switches
nowadays...

Cheers,

Erik