[gmx-users] problem with MD

Dastmalchi dastmalchi.s at tbzmed.ac.ir
Mon Nov 17 06:25:01 CET 2003

Dear Anton and other GMX users

As you have suggested I have tried to perform EM and MD with position
restraints. I have tried so many different situations but so far no luck. A
few questions came into my mind which may help to find the source of problem
with my system.
1. Is there any limitation on the number of residues?
2. Is it possible that itp file that I have for my ligand "mte.itp" be
problematic? I see the followings messages when I run the grompp on the
screen:

calling bin\cpp...
In file included from ald_s_m.top:12:
mte.itp:26: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:27: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:28: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:29: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:47: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:48: unterminated character constant
mte.itp:237: unterminated character constant
cpp exit code: 33
Tried to execute: 'bin\cpp -IC:\Gromacs\share\top ald_s_m.top >
gromppa02664'
processing topology...
WARNING 1 [file "mte.itp", line 173]:
Duplicate atom index (15) in angles

I think I can see the duplicate in the mte.itp file and can fix it, but
unterminated character constant?

By the way, how can I select Protein and Ligand in a system containing
Protein+Waters for the purpose of energy analysis using g_energy?

Many thanks for your kind attention in advance.

Cheers, Siavoush