[gmx-users] problem with MD

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Nov 17 08:54:01 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 06:23, Dastmalchi wrote:
> Dear Anton and other GMX users
>
> As you have suggested I have tried to perform EM and MD with position
> restraints. I have tried so many different situations but so far no luck. A
> few questions came into my mind which may help to find the source of problem
> with my system.
> 1. Is there any limitation on the number of residues?
> 2. Is it possible that itp file that I have for my ligand "mte.itp" be
> problematic? I see the followings messages when I run the grompp on the
> screen:
the problem seems to be that you are using a DOS machine iso Linux/Unix.

You would have to convert your files to dos format or vice versa, or
upgrade to Linux.

> calling bin\cpp...
> In file included from ald_s_m.top:12:
> mte.itp:26: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:27: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:28: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:29: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:47: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:48: unterminated character constant
> mte.itp:237: unterminated character constant
> cpp exit code: 33
> Tried to execute: 'bin\cpp -IC:\Gromacs\share\top ald_s_m.top >
> gromppa02664'
> processing topology...
> WARNING 1 [file "mte.itp", line 173]:
> Duplicate atom index (15) in angles
>
> I think I can see the duplicate in the mte.itp file and can fix it, but
> unterminated character constant?
>
> By the way, how can I select Protein and Ligand in a system containing
> Protein+Waters for the purpose of energy analysis using g_energy?
>
> Many thanks for your kind attention in advance.
>
> Cheers, Siavoush

David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Assist. Prof., Molecular Biophysics group,
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se	spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel