[gmx-users] VMD and trajectory files

Ilya Chorny ichorny at maxwell.compbio.ucsf.edu
Fri Nov 21 01:21:01 CET 2003

VMD can read xtc files as well. VMD reads the corrdinates it doesn't
need velocities.

Set

nstxtcout = 100

and don't forget the -x option in mdrun

Ilya

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 15:40, Derrick Guang Yuh Lee wrote:
> dear [gmx-users]
>
> i was just curious if someone could help me create a movie for VMD. it had
> just occured to me that i can use my trajectory file (.tjr) to view my
> monolayer in VMD, but because it is 1ns simulation, the file is a little
> too large for VMD and our computers here.
>
> so, would anyone be able to inform me of how i could set it up such that
> my trajectory file prints out the velocities and coordinates of my system
> about 100 times or so? it'd be appreciated. thanks.
>

>  - derrick
>
>  derrick Lee
>  faculty of Science
>  Memorial University of Newfoundland
>  k24dgyl at mun.ca or derrickglee at hotmail.com
>
> "a teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the
> truth that each student must find for himself. a good teacher is merely a
> catalyst."
>                                                               - bruce lee

Ilya Chorny Ph.D.         Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Postdoctoral Researcher   University of California-San Francisco
phone: (408)-887-8496     Genentech Hall 600 16th St Box 2240
fax: (415)502-1411        San Francisco, Ca, 94107
            email: ichorny at maxwell.ucsf.edu