[gmx-users] differential update for BD

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Oct 16 09:01:03 CEST 2003

James A. Dix wrote:

>   I am running a Brownian dynamics simulation of two spheres that differ
> greatly in size. Is there an easy way in GROMACS to update the
> coordinates of the larger molecule much less frequently than the
> coordinates of the smaller molecule?

Would that gain you much in performance? Neighbor searching and distance
calculation are the most costly factors in MD (or BD), which you won't
reduce with differential update...

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |