[gmx-users] lam-mpi problem

Kay Gottschalk kay.gottschalk at weizmann.ac.il
Mon Oct 27 17:43:01 CET 2003

Hi there,

I just installed gromacs on our new G5-dual processor, and wanted to
start a job I had running on a G4 just to compare the performance.
Unfortunately, the job crashed and I got the error message 'MPI process
rank 0 (n0, p3454) caught a SIGSEGV'. I installed lam-mpi 7.0.2. I
might have used different CFLAGS for the installation of LAM-MPi and
Gromacs, but that shouldn't be a problem, I think. Any ideas? I'm using
PME, but didn't have any problems on the G4 (using lam 6.5.8). Perhaps
I should 'downgrade' to lam 6.5.8.
Thanks,
Kay.