[gmx-users] Making pdb files

Raymond C. Fort Jr. rcfort at maine.edu
Tue Aug 3 21:58:20 CEST 2004

At 03:46 PM 8/3/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Guys!
>
>I need to make a pdb file for a peptide we are using.  I know that I can
>create one in a program like chem3d but when I use that file it doesn't
>work in gromacs.  I am creating the pdb on a mac and using gromacs on a
>linux box.  I have tried doing some light editting to make it work but the
>backbone doesn't even appear to be connected.  What is everyone else doing
>to make pdb files?  Thanks!
>Amy

We're using a program called B, from the Case group at Scripps:
http://www.scripps.edu/case/Biomer/

It's free.

A commercial program that writes almost standard pdb files is PCModel, from
Serena Software: http://www.serenasoft.com

Academic pricing is offered, and it has the advantage that is has the best
molecular mechanics forcefield going.

Ray